1. OPENNESS AND TRANSPARENCY
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is information, data, or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can be reasonably ascertained, from that information or opinion. Personal information we may collect from you includes, without limitation, your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and date of birth. Personal information may also include credit information. Credit information is personal information or an opinion about you that has a bearing on credit that has been provided to you or that you have applied for. Credit information may include information about credit that was applied for or provided to you for domestic, household, personal or other investment purposes as well as information about you where you are a loan guarantor.
Kynection will collect personal information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. If it is reasonable and practical to do so, Kynection will only collect personal information about you directly from you. Kynection may collect your personal information from reputable third-party lead generation sources for marketing purposes, but only where you have consented to the disclosure of your information to Kynection and for Kynection to send you marketing communications. Kynection will not collect personal information unless the information is reasonably necessary for our functions and activities.
Personal information may be collected by Kynection in a number of circumstances, including when you:
- make an enquiry with us via email or telephone;
- visit our website or Online Store;
- lodge an enquiry or application in relation to any Kynection Products or Services; or
- apply for employment with Kynection.
Kynection may enter into arrangements with third parties (including third parties with whom Kynection has partnered to provide you with its various Products or Services using the Kynection brand) to collect your personal information in circumstances where the third party notifies you, at the time of collection, that your personal information will be provided to Kynection.
If you are applying for a Product or Service offered by Kynection or our third party partners may also collect credit-related personal information about you as a result of credit checks that third parties carry out in connection with your application.
The kinds of credit-related personal information Kynection may collect about you includes:
- information about your identity;
- information about consumer credit loans that you currently have applied for including:
- repayment history information;
- the type and amount of credit sought in each application;
- default and payment information;
- information about any court proceedings;
- credit eligibility information, which is credit reporting information supplied to us by a credit reporting body, and any information that we derive from it.
If you use a pseudonym when dealing with us or you do not provide identifiable information Kynection may not be able to provide you with any or all of our services as requested. If you wish to remain anonymous when you use our website do not sign into it or provide any information that might identify you.
Kynection requires individuals to provide accurate, up-to-date and complete personal information at the time it is collected.
4. WHAT DOES KYNECTION DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In addition to any purpose notified to you at the time of collection Kynection uses your personal information for the purpose for which it has been provided, for reasonably related secondary purposes and for the purposes of:
- providing our Products and Services to you;
- providing Kynection branded Products and Services that are provided by our third party partners;
- our internal management needs;
- our marketing activities, including marketing activities relating to Kynection branded Products and Services that are provided by our third party partners;
- responding to any inquiries or comments that you submit to us;
- assessing, processing and managing your applications for Kynection Products and Services or Kynection branded Products and Services offered by our third party partners, including to assess your credit risk and our risk;
- any other purpose you have consented to; and
- any use which is required or authorised by law.
5. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Kynection may disclose your personal information:
- to third-parties we ordinarily engage for the above purposes;
- organisations that provide products or services used or marketed by Kynection;
- any person or entity to whom you have consented to Kynection disclosing your personal information to; and
- any person or entity to whom we are required or authorised to disclose your personal information to in accordance with the law.
6. ACCESS AND MANAGEMENT
You may request access to your personal information in our customer account database, or seek correction of it, by contacting our customer service team. See section 8: Contact information.
Kynection may charge a reasonable fee that is not excessive to cover the charges of retrieving your personal information from our customer account database. Kynection will not charge you for making the request.
If you believe that Kynection holds personal information about you in our Client account database that is not accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant or information that is misleading then you may request its amendment and Kynection will respond to your request within a reasonable time. Kynection will not charge you for correcting your personal information.
If Kynection no longer needs your personal information for any the purposes set out in this policy, or as otherwise required by law, Kynection will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy the information or to de-identify it.
Kynection will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
7. OPTING OUT / UNSUBSCRIBE
At any time you may opt out of receiving marketing communications from us. Unless you opt out, your consent to receive direct marketing communications from us and to the handling of your personal information as detailed above, will continue. Each of our marketing emails will have an unsubscribe function which will allow you to unsubscribe from all future marketing communications. All of our marketing SMS messages will also contain an unsubscribe feature. Outside of these channels, you can opt out from receiving marketing communications at any time by emailing email@example.com.
8. CROSS-BORDER DISCLOSURE
Kynection may disclose your personal information to recipients overseas (including in Singapore and France to assist Kynection in providing you with Products or Services.
Kynection will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the information that is transferred to third parties located outside of Australia will not be held, used or disclosed by the recipient of the information in a manner that is inconsistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
9. KYNECTION WEBSITE
When transmitting personal information from your computer to the Kynection website or to a Kynection branded website operated by a third party partner of Kynection, you must keep in mind that the transmission of information over the Internet is not always completely secure or error-free. Other than liability that cannot lawfully be excluded, Kynection will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or any unintended loss or disclosure of that information.
The Kynection website may use ‘cookies’ to help personalise your online experience and save you time. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Kynection website.
11. CONTACT US
If you would like more information concerning how we handle your information or our approach to privacy, or to exercise any of your rights outlined above, please contact:
Privacy Compliance Officer
Tel: 1300 786 272
Kynection, 3/459 Nepean Hwy, Frankston VIC 3199, Australia
ABN: 50 102 164 447
Tel: 1300 786 272
Review date: 15/06/2021
Updated 15 June 2020